So, while the architect I found was a nice guy and worked hard, we weren’t communicating effectively. Time is short especially since the loan process takes so long. I decided to end my relationship with the current architect.
He was not able to capture the essence of my house. Particularly the semi-buried aspect of it. Embracing the vegetation and the earth rather than battling it is a big theme of the house. He didn’t understand that.
His designs were cool, but not for me. Moving on.
I’ve reached out to a couple of other architects to see if they can help. Learning from my recent experience, I’m trying to provide every detail possible ahead of time. I will try to finalize the selection tomorrow.
While losing my architect is a setback, I know this is a long process and there will be many setbacks big and small so I’m not going to lose too much sleep over this one.