April first is rapidly approaching and I am trying to get my ducks in a row before then. Things to understand before then:
1. IRS obligations: how often and what documents
2. Other regulatory obligations: how often and what documents
3. How to raise money: target amount, donation tiers, rewards
4. What is my target audience: who will be most receptive to my message
5. How to pitch my idea: how to explain my idea in a way that will help raise money
Those are the main things to consider. This week I am going to a lecture on how to pitch that I found on meetup. If you’re in Chicago, it’s Tuesday night in the loop.
Ready to help? The best way you can help right now is to share this blog, my website: hareeshJayanthi.com, or my Facebook group of startup city AP. The more people know about it, the more that might be inclined to support it.
I’m trying to raise $250,000 for 2020 as well as some for 2019. Thinking I could hire 4 people @ $2,000 monthly average cost for Q4, 2019. That means $30,000 for those 3 months and I need more to pay them going into 2020. At an average donation amount of $150 that means at least 200 donors. No trivial amount. I’ll be talking more openly about the city as I need to build interest and my mailing list. Feeling overwhelmed at the thought of what’s coming? Join the club. It’ll be fine 😳